Northern Virginia Concrete Repair & Leveling Services
A-1 Concrete Leveling Northern Virginia specializes in commercial and residential concrete leveling services for driveways, walkways, sidewalks, porches, pool decks, steps, and more.
Saving the existing concrete is the most economical way to provide an even, safe surface. Leveling a concrete slab before it’s too damaged ensures that the existing concrete will be around for years to come.
There is minimal downtime associated with leveling existing concrete. This means that repaired concrete can be ready to use as soon as the same day.
- Cosmetic issues, since uneven concrete is unsightly
- Broken corners and edges of concrete surfaces, created by movement or a void in the foundation
- Tripping hazards for family members and guests
- Difficulty with trimmers, edgers, and mowers
- Higher potential liability for homeowners in the case of a trip-and-fall injury
- Risk of drainage problems and other issues created by runoff and puddles in certain areas
Leveling concrete involves floating the slab up in small increments, which allows a controlled lift and provides the best protection for the concrete. Concrete leveling services are best performed by experienced professionals that understand the right mix of materials and equipment to use in order to protect the integrity of the concrete without any damage to nearby structures.
A-1 Concrete Leveling Northern Virginia drills a series of one-inch diameter holes through the slab and hydraulically pumps a limestone-based slurry beneath the slab. This material flows into all the voided areas, filling them completely, and reestablishes the subsurface. This effectively creates a new, stable sub-base that helps prevent future settling. Concrete is typically ready to use the same day as repairs are finished.
“We drill a series of small holes in the concrete, inject a crushed stone slurry underneath it to fill any voids, and lift the slab back up to its original position. Then we seal off those holes with a concrete patch, and it's good to go.”
—Mark Howley, Owner, A-1 Concrete Leveling Northern Virginia
Plus, due to the small diameter of our leveling holes, they all but disappear after a year or two, preserving the pleasant appearance of your concrete.
Polyurethane foam is a popular material for leveling concrete, and many companies in Northern Virginia use it. Foam systems tend to inject material under slabs through 5/8" holes, compared to 1" holes for limestone, making them more aesthetically pleasing, and the process tends to be less messy, which is ideal for high-traffic areas or places where cleanliness is very important.
However, foam does not completely fill voids, unlike our limestone slurry grout. Polyurethanes are plastic materials, and leveling occurs as a result of a chemical reaction that causes the foam to expand under the concrete. This can make it tricky to control the lift. Limestone slurry grout, on the other hand, is composed of finely crushed, highly dense limestone aggregate (sometimes combined with Portland cement) which is eco-friendly and gradually fills voids completely before lifting the concrete slab itself.
Because of the materials cost, stone slurry grout leveling also tends to be less expensive than foam.
- Environmentally Friendly
- 2-Year Unlimited Warranty
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Quoted by an Experienced Technician
- Proven Patented Concrete Lifting Technology
- Professionally-trained Technicians
- No Job is Too Small or Too Large
- Drills 1-inch Holes for a More Attractive Restoration
- We’ll Level When You’re Home or Away
- Mixture Completely Fills Voids
- Free, Honest Estimate