Why Cleaning & Sealing Your Concrete May Be Right For You
Check out the most common reasons why people choose to clean and seal their concrete, and when it's not a good option.
Anyone who wants to protect their concrete and have it look as good as possible for as long as possible is a great candidate for concrete cleaning and sealing. However, cleaning & sealing concrete is not always an option for everyone.
Reasons Why Cleaning & Sealing May Be a Good Option For You
Here are some situations that make concrete cleaning and sealing a good choice:
- You want your patched concrete leveling drill holes and caulking to match clean concrete.
- You recently noticed that your concrete is starting to show signs of damage and you want to minimize its progression.
- You might have let your concrete go for a while and want to do more to maintain it, reducing the likelihood of having to replace it down the road.
- You have some surface spalling forming and want to slow it down.
- You just built or bought the home of your dreams and want to do everything possible to preserve it for as long as possible.
Why Concrete Cleaning & Sealing May Not Be Right for You
The main reason that your concrete may not be a good candidate for cleaning and sealing is if there is still a lot of topical sealer left on the concrete from a previous application.
In this case, we have to wait for the topical sealer to break down before the new penetrating sealer will be able to penetrate into the concrete.
In addition, if your concrete is too damaged or crumbling, it is also likely not a good candidate for cleaning and sealing.
Want to know more?
Check out the Learning Center topics below to find out more about concrete cleaning and sealing!
- What does concrete cleaning & sealing protect from?
- Concrete Cleaning: The Complete Guide
- Why Seal Concrete?
If you're looking to speak with a member of the A-1 Concrete Leveling team near you, click the link below to request a free consultation!
DENVER / FT. COLLINS
Featured Team Member
Mike can be found in nearly every aspect of the business. As the owner of the Denver & Fort Collins locations, he is the one you might see when you request a free estimate. Or, you might just find him on the back of a truck making sure your job is getting the attention it deserves.
Great to see some high quality work from Akron, OH here in the Denver area!