Cracked Foundation Repair
Cracks in your basement walls are not only ugly, but they can also cause water seepage and stability issues. A-1 Concrete Leveling and Foundation Repair uses several methods to repair foundation and basement wall cracks in both concrete block and poured foundations. Oftentimes these repairs can be done inside, without the costly and disruptive need to excavate along the wall outside.
Foundation Repair Crack Injection
One valuable technique for repairing leaky, cracked basement concrete and masonry foundations, is to use epoxy and polyurethane resins to fill in the cracks. These resins are injected deep within the crack creating a better solution than just a surface repair.
Weeping Leaks or Gushing Leaks
Before deciding the best repair type to consider, it must first be determined if the leaks in your cracks are weeping or gushing. For weeping leaks, a thinner resin will be injected in the crack. This gives the resin the ability to seep deep within the crack ensuring all leaking areas are repaired. If, on the other hand, you've got a leak that is gushing water (perhaps you've got a spring creating a constant flow of groundwater outside of your home) then a resin with a quicker set time is important. This can be used to seal concrete foundation crack leaks even when flowing water is present.
Step-by-step Foundation Crack Repair
After the type of resin is chosen, your A-1 Concrete Leveling & Foundation Repair technicians will follow these basic steps to repair the leaking cracks in your foundation.
- Clean Cracks -- Most of the time it is a good idea to clean the surface of the crack. Often mineral deposits will have built up over time due to the leaking water. This should be removed so it doesn't inhibit full penetration of the resins.
- Drill Injection Holes -- Holes are drilled in strategic locations along the crack. This allows for deep penetration of the resin into the crack, allowing for a more complete repair.
- Flush Injection Holes -- Once the holes are drilled it will be important for your foundation repair technician to flush out all the loose debris and dust. This will give the resin a good surface to attach itself to.
- Install Injection Ports --Injection ports are then installed into each hole. These are typically hammered in, and once in place, zerk fittings are inserted in the ends for later attachment to the injection gun.
- Surface Seal Crack -- Sealing the crack on either side of the injection port is often necessary to keep the injected resins from flowing back out of the cracks. This helps the resin penetrate deeper into the cracks for a more complete fix.
- Inject Crack with Resin -- A specialized gun is used to inject the resin. The gun is connected to the port, starting with the lowest one first, and working upwards. The technician will continue to inject the resin until the material begins to flow out of the next injection port. Once this begins, they will move to the next port up and repeat the procedure until the entire crack has been filled.
- Remove Ports and Patch Injection Holes -- The injection holes will be patched with an epoxy gel or cementitious patching mortar.
- Apply Surface Seal -- If desired, a surface sealer can be used. This can give a more finished and attractive look as well as help act as a secondary barrier.
Free Concrete Foundation Repair Inspection
Our expert foundation repair technicians will provide a detailed inspection of your issue, and outline their best recommendation to permanently repair foundation cracks, often without the need for costly excavation.
Why call on A-1 Concrete for your Foundation Crack Repair needs?
- Expert technicians with years of experience
- No job is too large or too small
- Environmentally-friendly solutions
- Multi-year warranty on all foundation crack repair jobs
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Supported by our National A-1 Franchise Network
- A-1 is a fully insured contractor
- Professionally-trained foundation crack repair experts
- Patented state of the art foundation repair equipment
BEAUTIFUL CONCRETE STARTS WITH A FREE EVALUATIONCALL 888.675.3835 > START QUOTE ONLINE >
Featured Team Member
Lee is one of our Maryville concrete leveling experts. He understands intimately how concrete slabs move, and what it takes to get them back in the right place. If he is on your job, you know it’ll be done right.
Talk about honoring Commitment to their Customer! Keystone installed carbon fiber reinforcement to a 28-foot basement wall that had developed cracks. Eight months later, the wall severely pushed in and nearly collapsed, immediately rendering our home uninhabitable. Keystone responded the same-day, and they honored the warranty on their product. Additionally, (and equally as important) they went the extra mile to honor their relationship with us by not only assuring the safety and security of our home, but by also taking the time and effort to assure our peace of mind with the recovery and restoration effort. When you’re panicking about a catastrophic issue with your most prized asset, it’s so comforting to have a team of experts on your side backing their product without hesitation. If you’re on the fence about who to hire for your repairs, consider Keystone…I promise that you won’t regret having this team behind you!