Concrete Cleaning & Sealing
Cleaning, sealing, and caulking your concrete is one of the best investments you can make for your home. The cost of replacing concrete can be extremely high, but untreated concrete can break down over a fairly short amount of time.
Concrete acts like a sponge and absorbs large amounts of water. This water can freeze and cause your concrete to spall, pit, crack and eventually break up. Properly sealing, then caulking the cracks in your concrete, greatly reduces water's ability to penetrate the concrete's surface, which in turn dramatically increases the beauty, and lifespan of your concrete driveways and walkways.
Jump to a Cleaning, Sealing, or Caulking Topic:
The experts at A-1 Concrete use the latest technologies to clean all of your concrete surfaces. Our services include pressure washing the concrete with hand-held power washers and walk-behind surface cleaners. Many times we also use a biodegradable cleaner to lift and remove contaminants and surface stains
After the concrete has been cleaned A-1 applies a sealant. We offer two varieties:
- The first is a deep-penetrating, siloxane-based concrete sealant, which is absorbed into the slab to protect the concrete and preserve its longevity. This sealant creates a waterproof barrier which causes the water to bead on the surface. It is suggested that the concrete is cleaned and sealed every 7-10 years after this sealant is applied.
- The second is a product called DensiCrete, which chemically alters silica within the concrete's microcracks and pores and creates new concrete. This densifies the slab to the point where it is unable to absorb water and helps to prevent issues with spalling and cracking in the future. This is a one and done solution and would not need to be reapplied in the future.
Finally, the cracks in the concrete are caulked with long-lasting caulking to prevent water from penetrating within, and beneath the concrete. This lessens the impact of the freeze/thaw process and, along with sealing, is an important step to maintain the integrity of your concrete.
- Expert technicians with years of experience
- No job is too large or too small
- Environmentally-friendly solutions
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Supported by our National A-1 Franchise Network
- A-1 is a fully insured contractor
- High-powered equipment
Contact your local A-1 location to learn how Cleaning, Sealing, and Caulking can keep your concrete looking great for years to come.
Featured Team Member
Needed to have my new driveway and patio caulked and sealed. Eric did an outstanding job explaining my options and he provided a detailed and competitive quote. Jill was extremely courteous and friendly on the phone and she kept me informed of the planned schedule of events. The work was completed in a quality and timely manner. The crew doing the work was friendly and knowledgeable and cleaned up thoroughly when the job was finished. Eric followed up afterwards to answer my questions and make sure I was satisfied which I was! I highly recommend this company if you have any concrete work that needs done. You won't be disappointed!