Concrete Cleaning & Power Washing
Power washing or pressure washing your concrete is an important part of keeping your concrete looking new. And, when combined with sealing, it helps your concrete last for years to come. And since we use primarily water for cleaning your concrete surface, it is an environmentally friendly solution too.
Our high-pressure power washing gets deep into the cracks and crevices of your concrete and lifts out mold, dirt, and grime in a way that normal hosing off of the surface cannot. If your concrete looks dark and dingy, we can help bring it back to life.
Jump to a Concrete Pressure Washing Section
Aside from the beautifying benefits of having clean concrete, is the longevity factor. Concrete that isn't properly cared for will deteriorate significantly faster. By removing mold or moss that’s growing on your concrete, you remove a danger to the integrity of the concrete itself. When any kind of plant matter grows on your concrete, it sends down tiny tendrils, or roots into the pores of the concrete slab. Over time this can break down the surface resulting in flaking off or spalling of the concrete. Also, oils and salts can penetrate the surface of the concrete and speed up its breakdown as well.
- Use Appropriate Equipment - It is recommended that you use a gas or electric power washer rated at least 3,000 PSI. Using one with lower power will require much more work to clean your concrete's surface. Also, it's important to use the correct spray tip. You want one that sprays in a wide enough pattern that you can clean a 3" or 4" area at once. For faster coverage, a 14" surface cleaner disc can be attached to the end of your pressure washer wand. This also helps assure more even cleaning of the surface.
- Prepare the Area - Move all furniture, planters, etc... off the concrete before cleaning. If using cleaning agents (see next step) you may want to cover any plants with a plastic tarp to protect them from any chemicals. Cover all electrical outlets that don't have a waterproof cover. You may need to seal them with plastic and waterproof tape.
- Pretreat Stains - If the concrete is badly stained, a pressure washer probably won't clean it completely. In this case, it's a good idea to treat stained areas beforehand with some kind of cleaning agent. Options might be a degreaser, bleach, or detergent depending on the stain itself. Apply the cleaning agent with a scrub brush and let sit. To remove heavy areas of oil or grease, use tri-sodium phosphate (TSP.) Carefully follow the manufacture's instructions and all safety warnings. Multiple passes of any of these cleaning agents may be required before pressure washing.
- Test the Spray - It takes a little practice to understand how far to hold the spray nozzle from the concrete, and just how much time and effort to devote to one area. Work in a small area until you're sure you're cleaning the concrete completely then move on from there.
- Work Methodically - For the best results, it's important to work on each section of concrete until it's clean. Sometimes working in a crosshatch pattern assures that all the dirt and grime is removed. Once one section of concrete is cleaned move onto the next.
- Seal the Concrete - When finished with power washing your concrete it's a good idea to immediately seal it. Otherwise, you might have to repeat the whole process again in a few short months.
- Expert technicians with years of experience
- No job is too large or too small
- Environmentally-friendly solutions
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Supported by our National A-1 Franchise Network
- A-1 is a fully insured contractor
- High-powered equipment
CENTRAL PA / MARYLAND
FEATURED TEAM MEMBER
As General Manager at A-1 Central PA/Maryland, Scott knows everything about everything when it comes to concrete leveling and foundation repair. He has been with A-1 since 2005 and keeps things running smoothly, and everybody where they need to be to get the job done right and on time.
The cost was reasonable, much less than breaking up the step/pad and rebuilding. They arrived on time, were polite, did a really good job and cleaned up everything when they were done. We were very satisfied.