Bowed Foundation Wall Repair
Pressure from the exterior ground soil can cause block foundation walls to bow and deflect inward. If left unchecked, this condition can result in catastrophic failure.
A-1 will offer different solutions, depending on the severity of the issue. Carbon fiber straps can be used to stop any further deflection if the wall hasn’t bowed significantly. Or, for more drastic issues, A-1 uses methods of repair involving the installation of temporary braces on the interior foundation walls, then excavating the exterior ground around the bowed section of the foundation.
The bowed walls are then mechanically pushed back into place. At this point, steel rebar is inserted vertically into each block before pumping the wall full with high-quality concrete, which is allowed to cure fully. We then backfill the ground soil, and the braces are removed from the foundation walls after 3-5 days. This method not only pushes the wall back into place. it also stabilizes the structure to prevent future bowing. Best of all, there are no unsightly plates and screws permanently installed on the interior basement walls.
Free Bowed Foundation Wall Repair Inspection
Our expert foundation repair technicians will provide a detailed inspection of your issue, and outline their best recommendation to permanently repair your foundation walls. These repairs are typically guaranteed for life.
Why call on A-1 Concrete for your bowed foundation wall repair needs?
- Expert technicians with years of experience
- No job is too large or too small
- Environmentally friendly solutions
- Multi-year warranty on all bowed wall repair jobs
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Supported by our National A-1 Franchise Network
- A-1 is a fully insured contractor
- Professionally-trained bowed wall repair experts
- Patented state of the art foundation repair equipment