Saving your settling concrete slab is the easiest and most cost-effective way to provide an even, safe surface.
If you’ve found yourself with trip hazards and unsightly settled concrete, you’ve come to the right place. A-1 Concrete Leveling has been perfecting the art and science of lifting sunken concrete for over thirty years.
This article will cover everything you need to know about concrete leveling, from what it is and how it works, to who it’s good for, the A-1 process, and good applications for concrete leveling.
What is concrete leveling?
Concrete leveling is the process of lifting sunken or settled concrete slabs back to their original position using minimally-invasive equipment and techniques.
There are different types of concrete leveling that are best suited for different applications.
Here at A-1 Concrete Leveling, we mainly use stone slurry grout leveling, an environmentally-friendly process that provides a durable result.
At times we also use poly leveling, sometimes called “foam leveling”, depending on the needs of the repair. Mudjacking is also an option to get concrete back to a level position.
How does concrete leveling work?
No matter the concrete leveling method, the process is generally the same.
- Strategic holes are drilled in an unlevel concrete slab
- Material is pumped under the unlevel concrete slab, lifting the slab and creating a new stable sub-base
- Drill holes are sealed off
The A-1 Concrete Leveling process follows these steps using a pulverized limestone compound, sometimes mixed with Portland cement, to lift sunken concrete slabs and fill any voids underneath. This creates a durable, long-lasting base for the newly-level concrete slab to rest on.
How much does concrete leveling cost?
Concrete leveling cost varies depending on the circumstances of the repair and the cost of living in your area, but it is generally much less expensive than replacing concrete.
For an example of concrete leveling pricing, read, “Louisville, KY Concrete Leveling Pricing Guide”.
At the end of the day, the number at the bottom of your estimate is built around the convenience, quality, and attention to detail your concrete leveling company can provide.
Who is a good fit for concrete leveling?
Here are some situations where someone may be a good fit for concrete leveling:
- They would rather preserve what they have than replace it
- They are looking to make their concrete look good and be safe again
- They want to avoid the huge hassle of concrete replacement
- They have kids, neighbors, or elderly loved ones at risk of tripping on uneven slabs
While concrete leveling is a great solution to uneven concrete in most cases, it’s not for everyone, especially if the concrete is severely damaged and unable to be lifted back into place.
The A-1 Concrete Leveling Concrete Leveling Process
Here’s how we lift concrete with our limestone slurry leveling process:
- Strategically-placed holes, about the size of a quarter, are drilled in the uneven concrete slabs
- The limestone slurry compound is pumped under the unlevel concrete slab, spreading out, filling voids, and lifting the slab to create a durable sub-base
- The drill holes are sealed off and patched
- The area is cleaned up and any extra environmentally-friendly material is washed away
Concrete Leveling Applications
Here are some of the most common concrete leveling repairs that we do here at A-1.
Click the links to read more about a specific repair you are interested in, and reach out to us if you have any questions about what concrete leveling can do for your specific situation.
What to know more about concrete leveling? Check out these topics from our Concrete Academy:
- What to Expect at Your Concrete Leveling Appointment
- Is Concrete Leveling Cheaper Than Replacement?
- Pros and Cons of Concrete Leveling
- Common Problems That Concrete Leveling Can Solve
Interested in seeing what concrete leveling can do for you? Click the link below to schedule a free consultation with a member of the A-1 Concrete Leveling team!
BEAUTIFUL CONCRETE STARTS WITH A FREE EVALUATIONCALL 888.675.3835 > START QUOTE ONLINE >
Featured Team Member
Called and set appointment. Company was on time, Explained all steps, Did the job, and Cleaned up when finished. Gary the Sales Rep was very helpful, as well Techs ..Benjamin and Rusty. They were very Polite, Knowledgeable, and Professional. I would Highly Recommend this Company. Could't be Happier.