Corporate Videographer - Louisville, Kentucky
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Do you have a serious passion for creating, crafting, and editing video? Is story-telling your gift to the world? Does teaching others to succeed and empowering others to be better in their own role something that you obsess over? Are you looking for a full-time position that allows you the opportunity to create multiple videos each week while pushing your creative limits? If so, then A-1 Concrete Leveling might be a great choice for you.
As the videographer, your job will entail producing video content that aligns with the brand, mission, and goals of our company. As the visual storyteller for our company, you’ll be responsible for pre-production, shooting footage and editing, managing creative assets, analyzing and reporting, and maintaining all video equipment. As the voice for video in our company, you will be the trusted resource for implementing and maintaining a culture of video across the organization.
You will accomplish the bulk of the technical tasks related to production and post-production. These duties may include the transport, setup, and operation of equipment; and assisting with staging, set preparation, and dressing.
You will work closely with the content manager and sales team to execute projects from concept through completion.
Benefits and Pay Range
- Salary: $40,000 to $50,000 per year.
- Will be commensurate with skills and experience.
- Work will be hybrid with some at home and some in our corporate office just outside of Louisville, Kentucky.
- Some travel, including a Corporate Annual Meeting (usually in the winter, somewhere warm.)
- Training and career development.
- Access to IMPACT+ with a play-by-play plan for creating video using the principles of “They Ask, You Answer”.
- Monthly book budget
- Computer and video equipment provided
- Stipend for home Internet service.
- Medical Insurance Options Available
- Retirement Options Available
- Determining what camera equipment is necessary and obtaining equipment as needed
- Transporting, setting up, and operating various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones for location and studio production
- Operating and maintaining proper levels and calibration of cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment
- Collecting b-roll footage, as well as interviewing appropriate staff and/or clients
- Assisting in the social-sharing of the video content
- Working closely with sales and services teams to determine the topics of the videos and how to prioritize what to produce
- Working closely with the sales team to refine, setup, and optimize their 1:1 and 1:Many videos
- The ability to maintain consistent project management and process that will allow you to create 2-3 videos a week consistently.
- Working with our team as on-camera talent and subject of your video content
- Creating, uploading, optimizing, and reporting on content for our YouTube channel
- Owning all aspects of production including, but not limited to:
- Pre-production scripting and collaboration
- Production setup, execution, and striking
- Post-production editing and publication
- Reporting on assessing the effectiveness of video content
- Assisting in maintaining the video hosting platform and understanding best practices
- Coaching and educating the team on the latest video technologies, how to use it, and owning the implementation of it in our company
A degree in Broadcast Journalism, Digital Media Production, Cinema, or a related program is highly preferred but not mandatory. Commensurate experience will be considered.
- Proficient with Video Editing Software (Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro)
- Experience with Adobe After Effects or Motion are preferred
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are a plus
- Proficient at storyboarding, scripting, and concepting
- Understand basic and advanced composition techniques
- Understand the fundamentals of branding
- Very detail oriented and able to identify quality issues in audio and video
- Proficient interview skills and getting the most out of on-camera talent
- Attention to detail, quick thinking, and a demonstrated proficiency in shooting video
- Proven experience in working with a team, with a mindset and goal of developing the best video content
- Ability to learn new skills and determine ongoing learning opportunities for film techniques
- Open-minded about video production, with the ability to make our company’s video strategy a reality
- Owns the production process and does what it takes to make great content
- Self-starting and treats the brand as your own
- Deals well with criticism and is able to collect feedback easily
- Great communication skills and ability to interview and make people comfortable
- Energetic and able to excite people to be on camera
- Looks at the content from the eye of the viewer to create the best experience
- A lifelong learner and able to identify new learning opportunities
- Bonus points if:
- You have contagious enthusiasm that makes others around you light up when you enter the room
- You are obsessed with improving your personal skills, learning every day, and embracing new technology (like AR, VR, etc.) as it develops
- You love feedback and are a major team player
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and therefore treat the position as if it was your own company
- You’re awesome. And because you’re awesome, we absolutely want you to be a part of the team at A-1.
About A-1 Concrete Leveling
We are “America’s Largest” concrete leveler, with locations in fifty metropolitan areas across the country. We offer a unique solution to a problem that nearly every business or homeowner will have at one time or another: sunken concrete. Daily, we have customers use the word “wow” when they see their concrete lifted back in place.
Our proprietary system for leveling concrete is truly better than the systems used by our competition. It has been refined over decades and can be used to level concrete to a degree nearly impossible by others, and at a lesser cost to our customers.
All of this gives us the unique opportunity to continue to grow and prosper in a space that a great number of people don’t even know exists.
A-1 has been in business for almost thirty years, but we are in the midst of a transformation. We want to become the best educators in our space–the most trusted voice. We want to be the “Kleenex” of Concrete Leveling and believe we are perfectly positioned to do so.
Your role at A-1 will be nothing less than the key to achieving our success. We hope this idea excites you as much as it does us.
Our process follows these steps:
- Submit your application, cover letter, resume, links to video samples, and (highly suggested) bonus video answering questions on the application.
- Participate in a virtual interview (via Zoom) with our key managers.
- Using a topic of our choice, we would ask you to write a short script and create a video; highlighting your ability to take a subject and tell a story through planning, shooting, and editing.
- A final interview, going over the sample video and ending in a job offer if we decide you’re a good fit for our company.
JOIN THE TEAM, APPLY NOW!
Fill out the application form below. (Review the application and gather all necessary information before filling out the form.) If you have any questions, or difficulty submitting the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The A-1 Team will review your application
If we decide to move you forward in the candidate consideration process, you will be contacted by a member of our team